About the job Territory Sales - Baltimore
Territory Sales Managers (TSM) further develop our long-term relationships with existing customers and cultivate new business partners. This role is more than closing a deal, we pride ourselves on customer service, human-to-human with a consultative approach. No gimmicks, no hard sales, just solutions. We rely on your expertise, knowledge of our products and services, and ability to provide solutions to current and potential customers regarding overhead material handling equipment.
Snapshot of a Territory Sales Manager (TSM)
- 50% - Prospecting (quoting, lead generation, and customer calls).
- 25% - On-site appointments, introductions, and/or customer calls to introduce and/or represent the company.
- 15% - On-site sales presentations to company and/or primary decision-makers.
- 10% - Out of the office at networking, industry-associated events, and targeted association functions (ie: breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc.).
Territory Sales Manager (TSM) Role & Responsibilities
- Exhibit proven sales (B2B) experience within the industrial or commercial arena(s).
- Seeks to build long-term business partnerships and relationships through telemarketing, referrals, networking, cold calls, or on-site customer visits.
- Generate and present service quotes/proposals to potential customers.
- Maintain awareness of customer budgets, and competitive threats in the market, ensuring quotes are competitive and reasonable. Communicate price increases when necessary.
- Attend and thoughtfully contribute to weekly production meetings at the branch.
- Manage the sales funnel process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Territory Sales Manager (TSM) Qualifications
- KNOWLEDGE: minimum of (5) years industrial outside B2B sales experience, or combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field. Overhead crane experience is a plus.
- SKILLS: A competitive nature to meet and exceed sales goals. A track record of strong communication skills.
- ABILITY: A passion for providing top-notch customer service to our customers. Valid driver's license and ability to meet our driving requirements.