About the job Quality Engineer
My client is seeking a Quality Engineer responsible for supporting manufacturing process improvements and significantly contributing to the strategic goal of quality improvement. This role will report to the site Quality Manager and lead continuous efforts in meeting quality, cost, and on-time delivery while assuring customer expectations and supplier quality management. This role is also responsible for supporting and maintaining the site Quality Management System to meet ISO9001:2015 and AS9100C implementation.
- Plan and manage product quality, product qualification, and design validation;
- Process analysis and improvement through the implementation of statistical tools and Six Sigma methodology;
- Lead and participate in specific production yield improvement projects;
- Participate and contribute to New Product Introduction Process and understand specification development and verification upon transition to production.
- Carry out failure analysis on customer returns and work with the customer to resolve quality issues;
- Partner with suppliers to conduct failure analysis and ensure suppliers correct the issues to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist in training and maintenance of the site Quality Management Systems: ISO9001:2015 and the implementation of maintenance of AS9100C;
- Support the site's Corrective and Preventative action process, including proper closure and root cause analysis.
- Support and, where applicable, conduct internal and external audits.
- Quality performance analysis and reporting (suppliers and customers);
- Lead Material Review Board and disposition of Non-Conforming Materials.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Industrial, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, with experience in a manufacturing and regulatory environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience will be considered. Background in Aviation, Space, and Defense manufacturing environment (an asset).
- Formal training in statistical techniques in a manufacturing environment with Six Sigma training and certification is highly desired.
- Ability to take responsibility for the quality of all products, including assembly, testing, and yields. Understanding and familiar with design control processes, including design history files, manufacturing process instructions, MRB, failure analysis and corrective/preventive actions, and verification testing;
- Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Enterprise, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc. is desirable;
- Experience with NPI process management and product quality planning is a plus. Experience working with supplier quality management is desirable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in MS Office and MS Project is preferred;
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer and or ASQ-certified Black Belt is beneficial.
- Please note that due to the requirements from the Department of Energy, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Visa sponsorship is not available for any position with this client
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation